Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 10:30:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:
Onionbat on Facebook
Onionbat on Google+
Onionbat on iBooks
Onionbat on Google Books
Onionbat on Kindle
Onionbat on Scribd

Search the full text of our books
+  Onionbat Message Board
|-+  Strategy Guides
| |-+  Rune Factory Frontier
| | |-+  Rune Factory Frontier guide contribution
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rune Factory Frontier guide contribution  (Read 3762 times)
Juxaposeforever
Newb

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2009, 10:28:55 AM »

Hi there. I recently got your eGuide for Rune Factory Frontier, and I absolutely love it. But I found some information either missing or incorrect. Where can we post about possible cheats, explits, or guides that members can contribute? Since you are thinking about making printed versions, I think it should be as accurate as possible.
djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:39:46 AM »

You can post right here. We'll be happy to update the guide with anything that needs fixin' or addin'.
Hobbun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »

djpubba:  Any idea if you are going to do the printed guide from Lulu or not?  Or still waiting for the poll to go on a bit longer? 
Juxaposeforever
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

In your guide, it says that there is no way to predict or prevent serious storms. Although it is correct that storms cannot be predicted, but they can certainly be stopped.

Every night before I go to bed, I save my game. If the event a hurricane occurs, I reload the game to the night before. At this point, I would do anything that would run my RP and HP all the way to passing out. The next morning, you will end up at the clinic, and the hurricane would be canceled (Mainly because you cannot go outside in a hurricane, and the game would not allow you to get stuck at the clinic).

Pro: Hurricane problem resolved. You can now tend to your monsters, crops, and girls. Crops will never die from hurricane disasters.
While I was running my RP and HP to the ground, I got some skill exp and possible skill ups. Perfect chance to level my magic.

Cons:
Lara will like you less because you passed out. I would just give her a gift to offset it.
You start at 10:00 am, and at half RP, HP, and most likely with a cold. But I would rather tackle the day with these problems than to not have the chance to work on the farm, and wake up with a field full of rocks and dead plants.

*NOTE*
I also noted while experimenting at this that the canceled hurricane's weather will be random between rainy or sunshine.
djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 11:36:07 AM »

djpubba:  Any idea if you are going to do the printed guide from Lulu or not?  Or still waiting for the poll to go on a bit longer? 

Judging from the poll results, is yes. Just need clearance from the licensor.

I did a preliminary setup and we're looking at $44.10 per.
djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »

In your guide, it says that there is no way to predict or prevent serious storms. Although it is correct that storms cannot be predicted, but they can certainly be stopped.

Great tip, thank you! Do you mind if we add that to the guide if we decide to? We won't be able to pay you for it, but you will have our gratitude. =)
Juxaposeforever
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »

The reason I am posting the information is because I want you to use it. I am not expecting any sort of monetary reward, but your thanks is always welcome.
Hobbun

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »

But do you have to make yourself pass out, as well?

I know in RF1 I will always save before going to bed, and if I get a storm, I just reset and sleep again as storms are random.

Can you not do that in RRF? Or are the storms not random so you need to make yourself pass out, as well?
Hobbun

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 12:01:50 PM »

Judging from the poll results, is yes. Just need clearance from the licensor.

I did a preliminary setup and we're looking at $44.10 per.

Sounds good to me.

Now are you going to do the $10 off for those who purchased the e-guide?
djpubba
Administrator
God of YaBB

Bloop-a-doodle, doo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

Definitely.
Juxaposeforever
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »

I know in RF1 I will always save before going to bed, and if I get a storm, I just reset and sleep again as storms are random.

Can you not do that in RRF? Or are the storms not random so you need to make yourself pass out, as well?

In my experience, the hurricanes are not random. Once they are expected for the next day, you cannot change that unless you force it.
Hobbun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »

Definitely.

Awesome. 

Thanks!
Hobbun

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »

In my experience, the hurricanes are not random. Once they are expected for the next day, you cannot change that unless you force it.

Oh, ok. So it sounds like they changed it. (At least from RF 1, don't know how they do it in RF2).
Juxaposeforever
Newb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »

Oh, ok. So it sounds like they changed it. (At least from RF 1, don't know how they do it in RF2).

They did change it in RF2. In order to stop a hurricane there, you must sleep in a dungeon when the hurricane hits. Or you could ask Alicia to change it manually.
Hobbun

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »

They did change it in RF2. In order to stop a hurricane there, you must sleep in a dungeon when the hurricane hits. Or you could ask Alicia to change it manually.

Hmm, will have to keep that in mind.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 » Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length